View Single Post
Old 05-08-12, 08:34 PM   #109
P_Funk
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 128
Uploads: 0

I much prefer in game methods. I'd rather plot a dead reckoned course on a piece of paper in my lap than have to alt tab and use another program (I consider pen and paper on my computer desk as being in game ).

I honestly think it would be a really cool thing to have a bunch of track charts from previous patrols just kicking around my stack of papers.

Speaking of which, how would I go about drawing my own track chart? I suppose it means having a scale set up to measure nautical miles in centimeters or something as you plot it on your paper. All the track charts of actual U-boat patrols I've seen were mostly on blank paper or grid maps with no subgrids so it was very bare looking.

Anyone have any suggestions on websites for this? I'm gonna go do my own googling but since there are people here who are well deeper into this maybe you have some insights for me. I may just make my own track chart for my next patrol on a whim to see if I can suffer keeping up the level of detail necessary to pull off a full Real Nav patrol.

P_Funk is offline   Reply With Quote