Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Got it

Quote:
Now two problems :

- how does it work ?
The package comes with a readme file, but instructions are not too clear, and apparently they only explain how to merge in game a ready-made terrain modification, but not how to create a new one. Probably once the SHIII terrain is excrated using yhe tool, a set of heigth masks is created. From a comment on the download page, I get that this information might be in RAW format. If that was the case, any photo editor capable of importing/exporting from/to the RAW format could be used to edit the heigth information.

Hopefully someone better informed on the topic we are discussing will pop up and he will shed some light

Quote:
- what map should we modifiy ? Vanilla or WAC ? ...
Well I would start from the most detailed SHIII terrain available (I don't know which one is the best between WAC and GWX). If I got it right, once the terrain data is extracted and modified, there are two ways it can be released:

- as a package containing only the modified areas, which can be re-merged to any version of the SHIII terrain data using the Extractor/Repacker;

- as a ready-to-use terrain data which can be enabled as normal mod using JSGME

The first method would contain the download size and it would allow more flexibility, because it would let any player free to choose which terrain data (mega mod) he wants to use as base for the merging of our modifications. The con, is that its installation would be a bit trickier.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote