Old 01-10-17, 04:49 PM   #60
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon9 finally don't agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
When a multiple-muzzle gun is elevated/traned, its muzzles move away from gun's pivot point, so it it would be impossible making sure that the muzzles are always close to their respective rocket, unless we make rockets to unrealistically turn together with the virtual barrels.
Well, to be sure, I've tested by putting a flak fire effect at the place of the 4 muzzles rockets gun. Each muzzle effect is always centered on its own rocket.

Quote:
If a group of four rails is set as a single gun, they will always fire their rockets as a salvo.
Not at all. You can separate each launch by the time you want. You just have to set whatever value you want for the recoil time (2 seconds for example). You can also simulate several separated salvos by setting a reload time (3 seconds for example), and you choose clip size=2 : that means that 2 rockets will be launched (separated by the recoil time) and 3 seconds will pass before another salvo of 2 rockets is fired.

Quote:
On the contraty, if each rail is a separated gun, depending on circumstances chances are that the AI pilot will fire his rocket loadout in two or more attack runs.
No. In this case, all guns will fire at the same time.

About my tests. I don't manage to make the rockets destroyed when fired. The airplane (wings + engine) is destroyed (even with a min/max radius=0.000001 for the ammo damage). It seems that a very small explosion is impossible. I have tested further with max radius=0 : the wings are no more destroyed but the rockets still don't disappear. And when the airplane falls in the water, only the rockets on the left wing disappear because of the depth.