Old 05-12-08, 06:12 AM   #91
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper
He's referring to Mikhayl's S-Boot mod, 999-Jay-999. If you haven't tried it yet, you're missing an incredibly fun and fast-paced experience. It's in a sticky posted near the top of the SH3 Mods Workshop here.

asanovic7, the longer ship wakes were released as a mod some time ago but it was made for GWX 1.03. The longer wakes are done by editing the 'Ship Wake' sections in the .val files of the vessels.

Unfortunately, it would require editing the appropriate file of each and every ship type to have longer wakes and making sure each ship's wake looked correct in the game. Noone has had the will to take up the challenge of such a task.

Since it seems every other mod alters these files, it would require constant updating as well as several differing versions to ensure compatibility with the various popular add-on mods for GWX.

Quite a lot of work when you consider that GWX has hundreds of ships, boats, and submarines.

It would be great if someone could create a patcher that would only write the proper Ship Wake values to the .val files, regardless of what mods are installed. That's what was originally done with the "Real Weather Fix 2" so it was compatible with any mod. Perhaps Stiebler could provide a way to create a similar patcher for you to add the longer wake values into GWX 2.1.
Thanks for the valuable information. I didn't think of fixing the wakes myself, better said, don't know how to do it :rotfl: , since I'm still a newbie at this, I was just answering to one guy who asked about it. That would be great if stiebler would do it, since he has a valuable start with his rwf2. Although, just meddling with some things require alot of time, so for the rest of us, vultures, it requires patience.
Thanks again, graf paper.
"similar patcher for you to add" - I didn't understand you well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Yep it works but RB's/Asanovic zones.cfg file is included for a purpose, if you don't use it you lose a lot of features depending on it.
Hey, thanks for dropping in and explaining some stuff. And, I must say I finally downloaded your s-boot after a fight "over 5 days" with filefront. :rotfl: I can't wait to play it.

Actually, I must say no, you will not loose many of the features, since I made only one difference to zones.cfg, so everybody can easily do what linerkiller did.
I must say since alot of files functioning in sh3 is still a mistery to me(learning by tries and reading), other than particles.dat and materials.dat(hopefully), the zones.cfg I didn't yet quite grasped.
For instance, I meddled with zones.cfg, to add some effects and chop up the flare. Result was, and I don't know how and when :rotfl: planes fired flares. Yep, you will not see anymore planes firing flares. Because I now know what "activates" it. Anyways, I have to know more before I grasp the right appliance of the zones.cfg.

Anyways, with s-boot mod, make a mission with an oil tanker full of oil, fire all weapons at it. If it explodes like in the picture on page 1 of this mod, then you have all. If not, in the end of the file of zones.cfg, there is this:

[Global Params]
CargoExplosionRange=15.0
;FuelExplosionRange=3.0
AmmoExplosion=#Splinter_explosion
AmmoForceMultiplyer=1.5
;FuelExplosion=#oil_explosion
FuelForceMultiplyer=0.5
Penetration Threshold=0.2
Armor Level Factor=4

Make it appears like this:

[Global Params]
CargoExplosionRange=15.0
;FuelExplosionRange=3.0
AmmoExplosion=#Splinter_explosion
AmmoForceMultiplyer=1.5
FuelExplosion=#oil_explosion
FuelForceMultiplyer=0.5
Penetration Threshold=0.2
Armor Level Factor=4

That means erase that ; before fuel explosion, without meddling much.
That is the only thing I changed in my zones.cfg, although I have one new, but not yet for show. Now, I didn't test before without that ; erased, so if this i swrong and it doesn't or didn't change anything, don't judge me hard. I'm a guy just like you who can't read everything. Like I said in the readme
"too many files I can handle.."
I'm learning, but sometimes it's hard, Ringo, really hard.. So far, I'm really happy this effects mod by racerboy(that explosions are so fine and the sound of all those little pieces falling into water) are available to everyone and to me(who are playing on GWX 2.1), because the first time I saw little supermans flying or swimming in the water, I just fell in love. That is what's missing to sh3, a feeling you don't shoot metal cans..

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerkiller
I have experienced that when I tried to install RB/Asanovic7 mod over the Sboot1.0 without changing anything...I tried to fix that by using the Sboot zones.cfg after the installation of the SH4-sh3 mod...it worked for me
Jolly good show, Mate, keep it on!

And as for the little guy flying overboard, I tried meddling with 3d models last nights, it was a bit fun, hard though to move a muscle, but the tricky part is how to import it into dat files. Now, I have skwas's explanation for importing models, but I feel I will have to bother some men to have more info. Anyways, that is something I think will not be so crucial, like a funzone for me, sorry, if I do it you will see it, regarding lifeboats mod will eventually come out. I'm really hurt and impatient with that mod, although guys are working hard, we can only hope the best for them.

As for a6intruder, now, I really don't know what to say to your picture. In particle.dat file you have effect called funnel_smoke. It has its id card, in it's particle generators it calls for 3d models and bitmaps from materials.dat, and every boat in the game uses that id, meaning that effect to make a funnel smoke on the funnel. Now, how would you explain to me that ship doesn't have funnel smokes? :rotfl: Because, to tell you the truth I don't know how to explain that, other by saying that ship is actually a submarine on periscope depth.

- everybody -
I'm shure you will say boohoo, that guy is thick and doesn't know anything. Well..
Cheers!

p.s. manic depression is rocking my boat..
p.s.s. I will upload sort of a preview for a6intruder on filefront, regarding the loss of wind, if you like the last release and don't want to bother with testing or reporting, Please DON'T DOWNLOAD IT!!!
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote