View Single Post
Old 06-22-16, 08:35 AM   #17
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydogdav View Post
Ok. Onkle Neal, please take no personal offense, but d**n you. I was really looking forwards to this game. It was going to be innovative and unique. It wasn't going to be another Silent Hunter, or a second Dangerous Waters. It was going to become the first Sweedish Submarine Simulator, complete with an alternate history story. But now, you changed it with money, just like Minecraft (I know it's a stretch of a comparison and a childish one, but still, the comparison's there). It was going to bring something new to the table and make the game incredibly interesting, and also give the developers the option to use what ever design and type of technology they wanted. Now, you're paying them to change a 4 man design, to a 20 man design when we can barely scrap together 12 men for 3 subs. It seems unfortunate and unfair to this amazing concept.

However, the news of full development funding for this great team is very reassuring that, whatever this game turns out to be, there will be a final product that I will look forwards to for an amazing game. And for that, I thank you Mr. Neal. Keep up the good work! (P.S: I am totally keeping Build 144, even if the newer U-Boat version surpasses it completely)
I'm still angry Microsoft outbid me for Minecraft but I have to let that go....

Thanks for expressing your concerns, Rydog, I understand, there was some interest in a fictional history Swedish sub game, but not nearly as much as real history U-boats. With Swedish subs, even in a made up universe, sinking convoys of German merchants in the North Atlantic.... that's a stretch. I want to keep the Swedish campaign in the game, and the devs do too. Why not? Yeah, it will be fun to opt for a special mission where the King gives you a clandestine mission to give the German Navy hell. So we really will be polishing and finishing up the Swedish portion as we develop the U-boat version. I can't outline the specifics, we still have to work out what we think is best with what we can accomplish, but I think you will be surprised, and pleased.

I want to point out, we are NOT changing the 4 man design, no sir, not at all. That was the magic that brought out a lot of players and we intend to keep it. We will be adding one important option, that is, a user interface where 1 or 2 players can access ship functions and play the game. And if players want to schedule a match where they can man 2 or 3 U-boats to locate, shadow, and feed on a massive convoy by the light of a new moon in the stormy Atlantic, that is going to be available. So, if you cannot find 6 or 7 guys, you can still have a great mission with 2, 3, 4, etc. Having scalability is very important to a good design and is a top priority.

Best
Neal

PS: Moving to Sweden: no joke. I'm all in on this.