Thread: Sony
View Single Post
Old 03-04-08, 09:44 PM   #38
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Default Confirmed

Maerean_m is wrong. SecuROM scans the running processes list every time SH4UBM runs. If Mark Russinovich program processes are running it returns:

You want to click the link? Notice from the link that the evil perpetrator is definitely Sony's magnificent SecuROM, telling me what lawful software it will tolerate on my property. That is called conversion and is an actionable offense. Let's click the link and remove all doubt as to what's running here.

But I didn't really have to do that, did I. We all knew what was up.

Maerean_m, you were lied to. Never trust Sony. I take that back. Trust them to screw you and the horse you rode in on and then all the customers that trusted you. Trust Sony to destroy what you have worked so long to accomplish: a game company that can make a difference in the untrusting attitudes that game companies and customers have for each other. I'm really sorry I found this.

I have no doubt that they told you SecuROM wouldn't do anything more than check for a legitimate download. Now you know something about Sony's conception of corporate integrety. This shows it has none.

There are cloakers out there that will hide whatever you want from SecuROM, but you have to be very careful because finding them puts you in some dangerous places for your computer system. Unless you know a lot more than I do, its probably best to make a decision whether this uninvited intrusion is bad enough to prevent you from downloading the add-on. Had I been warned I would not have downloaded it, even for free.

I am a trustworthy person who hates being treated as a criminal by people I pay money to. I am very disappointed the Ubi didn't learn from their first expensive foray with Sony. I won't be purchasing any more Ubi products until I find they are free of Sony garbage.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 03-04-08 at 09:58 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote