View Single Post
Old 10-16-15, 07:56 PM   #30
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Gardening for insomniacs!

HUH! In Bride of the Water God by Yun Mi-kyung, a night-blooming cereus is referred to as the "Loneliness of the Night" and refers most specifically to Epiphyllum oxypetalum. Do try to keep up! The flowers are described as being paired, so if one flower is plucked, another flower will die somewhere else. Therefore, they are also given the nickname "short-lived love". If you 'd just keep up with esoteric romance trivia you wouldn't need to ask such simple questions. Even Armistead and Wolfertz know this stuff! At least have a Dutchman's Pipe Cactus in your conservatory Naturally I lean toward the Sonoran Desert Cereus Peruvianus myself ...being a High Plains Drifter Rider of the Purple Sage anti-hero type. A word of caution: do not ever attempt to induce any of your inamoratii into field-trip night-viewing these baby's; They'll think your on some cheap 'make' and clobber you! (FYI the Peruvianus is pollinated by a moth...but I'm bats about 'em anyhow!)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote