View Single Post
Old 09-01-15, 02:43 AM   #26
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon8 Quarantine lifted...partially

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I just evicted a Hawk moth from the front lobby...

Big sods aren't they?
Here's a small sod we try to evict; the European Grapevine Moth a serious pest here since 2009. The quarantine was lifted recently as they've been unseen for two years!"Great cooperation by the winegrape industry and local, state and federal departments of agriculture has led to this quarantine area reduction. Growers and wineries that are still operating within the quarantine must continue to follow all requirements outlined in their compliance agreements and be vigilant to prevent any re-infestation of areas removed from quarantine. The lifting of the entire quarantine for Napa County is still two years away given there are no new EGVM detections.

Regions that are out of the quarantine include areas south of Imola Avenue, areas west of Mt. Veeder Road, the Carneros region, and portions of Eastern Napa County." Precisely my turf! Now for the Glassywinged Sharpshooter pest...http://gis.napa.ca.gov/Html5Viewer/Index.html?viewer=egvm_html ( Map)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote