View Single Post
Old 01-20-19, 09:13 AM   #8
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The second half of the first "paragraph" in all *.mis files, whether for the Campaign, SingleMission or others, is devoted to weather settings:
Fog=0
FogRand=0
Clouds=0
CloudsRand=0
Precip=0
PrecipRand=0
WindHeading=0
WindSpeed=5.000000
WindRand=0
WeatherRndInterval=5
SeaType=0
which does work well to set it for certain scenarios, but it still will "randomize" after the start, like the rest of the game. (Those are the "default" values.) I have something around here that has those listed and their value limits... only problem is - where??... - The wind speed can go up to "15" (knots), the Heading to "359" (degrees), the "Interval" is (I think) hours, but the others are values of 1, 2, or 3, but I don't remember which is which... Basically "Low", "Medium" and "High"... I used those for the FotRSU Aleutians career patrols, so I've got the documentation for that somewhere - if you're interested... cdrsubron7 also knows how to do that. Check out his Single Missions for examples. Good stuff!
Wind speed is "mps" (meters per second). 15 mps translates to 29.158 knots or 33.554 mph. A "Near Gale" (on the Beaufort scale), is the strongest "storm" the game can simulate. A "Full Gale" begins at 34 knots.

Be careful using "Control N" to reset the weather (BTW this is erroneously cross mapped in TMO, Dulcimus uses "Control N" as a keyboard shortcut to "Report nearest sound contact" which simultaneously resets the weather. (You can edit the commands.cfg file to change this behavior.)
My understanding is that using "control N" resets the weather for YOU, but not for the ENEMY (or other AI units.) So, if you're in fog and you reset the weather, you can see them but they can't see you.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215391

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote