View Single Post
Old 11-28-15, 02:06 AM   #1240
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx View Post
Thanks for the info. So help me to figure this out, currently with rfb 2.0 + patch, report contacts comes without any sort of direction course, just position and speed. So having these two info how am i supposed to plot anything? I have waited to see if they would have provided a new contact update later but it didn't happen.
I haven't been playing much lately, so maybe others can help more. For myself, I don't get much radio intel.

In my recent career, a radio message advised units near a certain place to attempt to intercept, as major fleet units were expected to be there at a certain time. I was far away, so didn't even think about it.

In an earlier career, a message said a force was expected to transit a certain area in a couple days. It was fairly close, so I got there in plenty of time, but never saw any ships. That is usually how it is for me; you get a tip that there might be enemy units moving through a certain area in the next couple days. It is vague, and uncertain; not the sort of thing you can make detailed plans about.

All this might be different with TMO, or other mods. In SHCE, one was bombarded with innumerable contact reports; many more than you could ever pursue. They carried it to a ridiculous degree. Personally, I expect very few, and like it that way. Imo, if you get one legit contact report in a patrol, you're ahead of the game.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote