View Single Post
Old 09-22-13, 09:49 AM   #69
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The new codemeter license gets loaded onto the dongle you have. Two points there to watch out for:

First, that part of the deal is in the hands of Wibu, not eSim. Wibu builds and programs the dongle, and is maintaining the licensing stuff.

The licence update needs either Java installed, big shame on Wibus incompetent programmers to depend on this sky-wide security hole, or you need to do it manually, and for this you need their server and customer service which all is offline over weekends v thats why some people are left stranded after buying this weekend. Bad release timing by eSim, I'd say. The manual procedure is tricky since the whole thing has been complicated by using virtual sticks as well, so I strongly recommend to visit their forum which holds a sticky thread about it. My rig has completely broken down currently and so I cannot judge it first hand so far. By what I read the procedure could turn out difficult for some. Get advice first before starting.

Second, the dongle may need firmware update to 1.18 if it is one of the old ones, or 2.02 if it is one of the new ones. Updating the firmware is no problem and goes smoothly via codemeter control software I have done it myself in the past and know this by experience. If the software lists no update beyond 1.18, that is okay then.

Oh, and the scenarios. 2.640 already had plenty on board, and there are several hundreds available in their download section. Its all easy to design your own as well, even quite randomized, complex ones. For 3.0, there currently seems to be not too much around, meaning it makes explicit use of the new features and platforms, but one can take it for granted that old ones will be modernised quickly by the community, plus you can easily do it yourself, too. I see no argument and reason for concern in this regard. The SBP is the best editor I have ever seen - lean, elegant, and extremely powerful. eSim said that in principle all old scenarios will run, maybe with only minor adjustements.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-22-13 at 10:01 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote