View Single Post
Old 03-25-17, 09:46 AM   #4337
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
No not too high. All subs should have the SJ Surface Search Radar installed on June 1, 1942...including the Gar. By October 1942 you should start seeing an offer to purchase the SJ-1 Improved Radar for 500 Renown. It will drop in price a few months later, then automatically be installed on all boats by June 1, 1943, replacing the original SJ.

I just finished looking at the Gar .sns (sensor) file....it should follow this very date sequence.

Can you tell me what "Modified Date:" the Submarine/NSS_Gar/NSS_Gar.sns and NSS_Gar.upc files are in your SH4 game? Have the FOTRS Ultimate v0.56 "Activated" through JSGME into your SH4 game.
Modified date for the SNS file is 3/4/17; it is 3/24/17 for the UPC file because I tried a change (see below) yesterday. The original date is also 3/4/17. FOTARS Ultimate v0.56 is activated through JSGME since this latest career start. After the sixth patrol and back at Midway in August, 1942, I checked the UPC file for the GAR and it indeed showed a start date of 6/1/42, ending 5/31/43, with the upgraded SJ available starting 6/1/43. I tried to change it by setting the 6/1/42 start date to NULL, but after loading the saved game starting in the office before the seventh patrol, the radar was still not available. Have not tried to find the .sns file yet, but I'll look at it. Very strange, eh?

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 03-25-17 at 09:57 AM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote