View Single Post
Old 11-13-18, 11:26 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
So it seems like every campaign I have, after my initial boat, every single new command is for the lead boat in whatever class it is. Is this normal or have I run into some kinda bug with the naming algorithm.

So for example in my current campaign, I started in Manila in 1941 with an S Class boat. That one was a randomly assigned S Class boat, S-36. Then in May of 1943 I’m given the command of USS Gar, the lead boat in her subclass. Then in January of 44, I’m given command of USS Gato, the lead boat in her class. After that in July I’m given the command of USS Balao also the lead boat of her class. And then finally I’m playing with RFB so I’m given command of USS Tench, the lead boat of the Tench class. In February of 45. Is this normal?

I’ve been given the lead boat of every class/subclass even when I’m getting the command months or even years after they have been commissioned and there are newer commissioned boats of the same class available. Like I would understand this if I was given USS Gato in early-mid 42, and then Balao in mid 43 not 1944. They had newly commissioned Gatos and Balaos that needed captains not the lead boats. And this seems to happen with every play through so I don’t think it’s a one time fluke.
tucker,

welcome to Subsim.

yes, there is a tool where you can change your subname but it is not a Subsim download. if you are interested, send me a personal message and i will reply with the link.

good luck.

mb

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote