View Single Post
Old 02-18-15, 07:22 PM   #1172
Ifernat
Watch

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default Contact Direction

Hi, loaded up RFB for my first outing with SH4 and liked what I saw in the manual. One CTD so far but nothing major. Running a steam version patched to 1.5 with RFB 2.0 and the patch. One question, when I get a contact update there's no directional heading, the space for it is just blank. Now don't get me wrong, I agree that the satellite map of vanilla is not realistic in any way shape or form. What I was expecting was something like GWX where it gives you a rough direction of travel with up to a 22 degree margin of error so the longer the intercept the larger the cone of uncertainty. Is this an installation glitch or an actual design decision?

A contact update that doesn't tell if the contact is heading N, S, E, W is not particularly useful and if this is a design decision I think it may go a bit too far in the other direction unless there are multiple types of contact reports to simulate sightings by other USN assets vs intercepted position reports which would not include speed and heading.
Ifernat is offline   Reply With Quote