View Single Post
Old 02-28-07, 09:36 PM   #822
DefCon4
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Default Carrying Over a Campaign to a new GWX Installation

I’m unable to patch to version 1.02 because I manually edited some of the files in my existing GWX installation. I kept my old GWX version 1.0 installation intact in a directory called GWX but copied all the files from a clean install of SH3 1.4b to a new directory that I named GWX2. I then successfully patched the GWX2 installation to GWX version 1.02. The program runs fine but now I’d like to try and resume my old campaign under version 1.02 and I’m having trouble doing so. In case it matters, I’m also running SH3 Commander 2.7.

I know that SH3 keeps the main campaign files in a directory under My Documents and those files are still intact and somehow linked to my original GWX installation. I tried re-naming my new GWX2 installation directory to GWX but when I run SH3 Commander, with or without the new config files for version 1.02, the program doesn’t recognize my saved campaign. If I load SH3 without going through SH3 Commander, I get the same result. If I run SH3 in my old GWX installation, however, SH3 still recognizes my campaign files even though I changed the name of the original GWX directory.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to link old campaign files to a new GWX installation?
DefCon4 is offline   Reply With Quote