Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-29-15, 07:44 PM   #2
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

1. There were bad effects from running around with torpedo tubes open. First, debris could jam the torpedoes in the tube and that would be bad. The torpedoes were subject to only 1 atmosphere of pressure inside the sub (plus or minus a bit) and when the tubes were open they were under much greater pressure. In practice is a tube was opened and then closed again without the torpedo being used the torpedo was disassembled, spiffed up (especially the battery) and reassembled before being used again.

2. NO. Although there is no compass on the face of the earth without a lubber's line, our SH4 compass lets us guess what the course is, a must for precise navigation. I think Captain Scurvy is your refuge there, but even then the compass dial is not precise enough for you to read off a perfect course. You really have to use the nav map for that.

3. Yes, it's a degree off. I think Captain Scurvy has fixed that one too. I just don't worry about it. Haven't missed a shot yet because of the inaccuracy.

4. Talk to ColonelSandersLite real nice and I bet he can cough up the best one you ever saw. The torpedo screen in the game also gives you this data. But ColonelSandersLite's chart has wonderful stuff you haven't thought of yet.

5. ColonelSandersLite again. I never worried about precise timing of all that because I have concentrated in shooting one target at a time and doing so in a very leisurely way whilst my exec serves me mai tais. I nibble convoys to death. Now ColonelSandersLite comes up with a scientific way to take nasty hunks out of convoys and my style may get a bit more bloodthirsty.

I'll never remove the ice cream machine from my Balao though....
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote