View Single Post
Old 05-08-12, 03:12 PM   #12
CptLoonee
Helmsman

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I decided to go through the San Bernardino Strait, taking the long way back to Australia, and as I neared Borneo, I got a fast-moving warship radar contact.

Luckily, again I was ahead of the ship or ships.

I soon found it was a two ship convoy. When the lead ship came into view, I saw it was a heavy cruiser, but when the second ship came into view, I was shocked to find that it was a fleet carrier!

It was a night time approach and there were no destroyers in sight, so I positioned myself in front of the track at a 90 degree angle for a standard O'Kane approach.

When the Cruiser's bow touched the crosshairs, I fired one torp, and fired two more at midships and stern.

I then quickly recalculated an angle for the trailing carrier, and fired three more torps all amidships.

It was timed almost perfectly, as the carrier was slightly closer to me which caused the two ships to both get hit by three torpedoes at almost exactly the same time.

The cruiser listed badly and tried to maneuver while it burned, but the carrier went up with one of the most spectacular explosions I have seen in this game, with burning zeros cartwheeling off the deck as the conflagration grew.

Within minutes, both ships were heading for the bottom, and I headed home with no fish left but a huuuuge haul!
CptLoonee is offline   Reply With Quote