View Single Post
Old 05-08-12, 08:20 AM   #5
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKalafatas View Post
Harbor-raiding is exciting and challenging. I enjoyed it until someone here pointed out that it just wasn't done. It was more difficult in the war than it is in the game, even though it's definitely not "easy" in the game. So, I avoid it now in the interest of "immersion", and stick to more realistic missions.
That too. And with using TMO, the last harbor raid I did, I got stuck in the anti-sub net at Rabaul, and couldn't get out of it. The dds heard me going full reverse, and soon my Gato boat was part of the harbor floor, with everything wrecked. Really could have used an Abandon Ship order that time!

So since then, I don't mess with harbors, and pay close attention to IJN minefields! I think it was around Tokyo, off the coast, I got too close in, and looked through the periscope as it was coming up, and what was off the port bow? A darn submerged magnetic mine! Glad i was wearin' my brown trousers!

We barely sqeaked outta there. mines above, on the level, and below. Talk about a nail biter getting through that maze.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote