View Single Post
Old 11-27-09, 03:54 PM   #1
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Default Front panel audio header cable adapter/extender?

Hey all - hope someone here can help me out with this. I want to run my front panel audio cable (9 pin) to the FP header on my sound card so I can use the FP headphone jack. The connector for this splits off from the one that goes to the motherboard and unfortunately there's only about 1 1/2" of cable to work with for this auxiliary connector, which is way short of what I need to reach the sound card. And I can't move the sound card because it's in the only slot I can put it in.

Is there some kind of extender cable or adapter I can get to make this work? I've found places where I can buy a 9 pin FP audio header cable, but they're all female/female. I need something that's all boy on one end, and all girl on the other, or else an adapter that will do a quick sex change on end end of a female/female cable.

I keep typing in what I think are the appropriate search terms everywhere I can think of to look, but the results are getting me nowhere. I can live without the front panel audio if I have to, but it's there and I'd like to make it work if it's at all possible.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote