View Single Post
Old 10-23-16, 04:40 PM   #17
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Sounds like a good plan, Markus. Ubunto and Linux in the 32 bit version can give new life to older computers. However, If your computer was running Windows Vista, Chances are, it's a dual core unit at least and if so, is running a 64 bit operating system.Pull up system information on your computer and check your system specifications.

If your system is a 64 bit operating system, then look for the corresponding 64 bit version of Linux or Ubunto. Windows Vista was the forerunner for Windows 7 but Vista was a resource hungry system and support for it ended before it did for windows XP, which Vista replaced. This should tell everyone that Microsoft thought Vista was terrible.

You can also look into the fedora operating system. Keep in mind, these systems can be tailored to suit your needs and you can re-skin Linux, Ubunto , Fedora or other Linux based systems to look like your favorite Windows operating system.
Thank you for your answers to my former comments

My older computer was a 32 bits Vista home basic.
Can't remember what else it had beside the chipset family(I think is the name of the graphic card was)

Edit:
I was thinking of replace my old Vista with Ubuntu Linux all the way, so after the re-install there will be no more Vista.

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 10-23-16 at 04:56 PM.
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote