View Single Post
Old 11-23-17, 05:22 PM   #11
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I tried to post yesterday, and my ISP dropped me in the middle of it, but what aanker says about the install folder with Steam is really important. Steam changed their "security" though, and you usually can't just copy and move their games anymore. What you have to do now is use the Steam app on your computer, log-in to it, and then create a Library Folder on a different hard drive from the main Steam folder. So I've got "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam...", and a Library Folder of "D:\Games \Steam \Silent Hunter x\" (both SH3 & SH5 of mine are Steam). If you don't have a 2nd hard drive, that makes it a bit tough, but if you don't have too many games, you can un-install Steam, then re-install it in a different folder and be OK... Between that and maybe a corrupt install to begin with, or maybe if you used Steam's "Verify" on the game... that could warp what you had to the point of it not working correctly... - but there's not too many things that can cause your symptoms. Old Saved Game used, Steam SH4 in the Program Files directory, a bad install, bad Game Sound Settings, bad Windows Sound settings, or hardware failure - but you've got some sounds, right?... ??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote