View Single Post
Old 02-27-10, 11:17 AM   #72
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus905 View Post
The only problem being, after mining the ordered region, my objective never updated, I can't win eh?
The minelaying missions are actually set up as part of a patrol mission.
So after you have deployed your mines you still have to remain within a certain radius of the mission icon for a certain amount of time before the objective is completed.

I had the same problem when I took the minelayer out first time. I assumed that laying the mines would complete the objective. This didn't happen, so I investigated by opening the mission into the mission editor. It looked like due to limitations in the game, the BFB team could not set up the mission so that laying the mines completed the objective. So it is actually an altered patrol mission, with the added purpose of laying mines.

The mission radius and time are in the original mission orders you got.
The mission radius can be anywhere from 5 to 50 km, and mission time anywhere from 5 hours to a couple of days.

If you cannot remember what your mission parameters were, then err on the side of caution. Stay within 5km for a few days. You should eventually get mission complete, and a new objective.

The next time I took the sub out, I paid much closer attention to my mission orders
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote