View Single Post
Old 02-03-06, 04:34 PM   #3
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

If this book is lacking anything, it's that the introduction is extremely sketchy. It doesn't go into any detail about trial results, displacements, and so on.
As I said, the drawings are fantastic. The scans don't do them justice. And they're far more affordable than buying plan sets online.

I'm still extremely miffed with amazon.com about my Dreadnought experience. My mom ordered the book on December 9th as a Christmas gift. It was supposed to ship in "2 to 3 weeks" then. By Christmas, they expected it to ship by December 31. December 31 passes. Now it's January 15th. Okay, I can wait. Now it's January 15th. There's been a delay, and it might not arrive until March 2nd. Crap, I'll just have to forget about it and be pleasently surprised then. January 20th, I get an e-mail saying they can't get any copies in stock. I was pissed, to say the least! It was my Christmas gift! I reluctantly ordered this one instead, and got in on the 27th.

The Agassiz book is so good I might have to pay full price and wait forever to get Dreadnought second-hand. Or beg the publisher for a remainder. Or pray that it shows up in the bargain racks someday.

Oh well, I'm looking at both the Yamato and HMS Victory books for my next purchase.
Subnuts is offline   Reply With Quote