Officer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Read this article in a Danish online newspaper
authors Hamed Abdel Samad German-Egyptian Islam expert

"The dangerous prophet"

"Muhammad is the role model for millions of Muslims - but also for terrorists. This is due to Islam's holy prophet also had tyrannical and paranoiske personality traits

Many Muslims are still today taken captive by the mysterious figure Muhammad, who lived in the 600s. Conversely, also the historical Muhammad himself taken captive by the Muslims exaggerated worship and claim his sanctity

Prophet's omnipresence in education and politics and the excessive focus on the religious component in many Islamic societies blocks the development of alternative identities. Everything goes back to him; he hovers over everything and dominates the daily life of Muslim citizens, politicians and theologians. At the same time prevents Muslims strong emotional attachment to and unreflective exaltation of the prophet that there can be a historical-critical examination of Islam's founder.

The more I'm studying Muhammad, the more it seems to me, as I am, with a deck of tarot cards in your hand. Some cards offer comfort and hope, while others are deeply terrifying. Sometimes I draw the moral argumentative preacher from Mecca, sometimes intolerant warlord from Medina. Here is both a man who speaks of compassion and forgiveness, and a mentally ill mass murderer and tyrant.
"
This was just a part of it its very long and google translate isn't the most perfet toy to use.

Markus
This article word by word repeats what I've been told in institute during lectures on History of Religions. As I see it: it's always a matter of individual choice - what kind of a person you want to become and the same time it's a matter of your environment ( who are your family, how well are your economic conditions and so on). As for Muslims - their religion gives them way to become either a decent person from, say, Christian point of view or to become a person that is not so decent. What puzzles here is that people choose Islam because it gives an individual a very clear instructions what to do and what not to do - so being a Muslim means that you have strong moral base and confidence in your sacred fate. And here is where environment begins to play it's role - that is the only thing which defines will a person become a terrorist or a good citizen since you cannot criticize the Prophet.

My country is multicultural and I have friends who are Muslims, citizens of my country, and are very good people from any point of view. On the other hand we suffer from Islamic terrorists who are also citizens of our country. Sometimes I wonder what made the both what they are and why they are so polar while sharing the same religion. And I think that there must be some other factors - that work in pair with religion that define a person.