View Single Post
Old 10-19-11, 03:27 AM   #889
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339
Uploads: 0
Konichiwa, keltos-sama and peabody-sama!

I have to correct my general statement about the rather low reliability of the Torpedoes and their weak warhead! After testing other torpedoes than the Type-89 I can no longer report any issues with them. That and the sinking mechanics do work now as intended! It seems the Type 89 is simply weak and, compared to the newer fishes, more unreliable. Which is perfectly understandable and acceptable seeing its age.

Atm I am at 100000brts of enemy ships sunk (with my current campaign with captain "Tadao Nara") amongst them several destroyers. One lengthy battle between a Somers DD and my I-11 sub reminded me so of the film "The enemy below", awesome . Could only take him out by using one of my sacred Kaitens and sacrifying the life of its pilot...

Should have been more careful, snorkeling close to a harbour surely wasn't a good idea, that DD could sneak up on me without me even realizing that he was there

Anyway, just wanted to say Domo Arigato again and tell you how much fun I have/had with this mod!

Oh, btw, one more question: What about the ship acceleration physics (of the allied warships mainly), will something like that be included? I worked around the problem by using only electrical torps on the Warships, but n official a all-in-one solution would be fine.

kthxbye!

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote