View Single Post
Old 12-17-10, 08:10 PM   #37
jumpy
Admiral

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

What email client you using Frau?

I've found the filters on thunderbird (as an example) to be quite good at flagging junk and dealing with it for me. Then again I very rarely give out my isp email, that's what hotmail is for lol.
Like you, I get some stuff delivered from an old account that I never got round to deleting, but pretty much anything that's not already in my contact list gets automatically moved to a temporary folder so I can glance over it before erasing.

I used to get all hot and bothered about pc security (true there are some things to watch out for still) but I never found anything worse than tracking cookies, despite having boot scans, spybot, adware, 3rd party firewall and AV and some other stuff. I put this down to my browsing and downloading habits more than anything else tbh.

What I currently use - router, os firewall, avast av free, firefox no script plugin, thunderbird email client, occasionally I'll run spybot or something similar to see if there's anything to catch.

EDIT:
@ Vendor, realtime scanning - nod32 and avast both seem to do this with web traffic and email

when you’ve been so long in the desert, any water, no matter how brackish, looks like life

jumpy is offline   Reply With Quote