View Single Post
Old 05-19-07, 09:18 AM   #761
mabad
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Default Dissapointing but was something I could predict

Dear Ubisoft,

I wrote in this forum when SH IV was announced that I would wait until the game was fully patched. My experience with SH III was the first one, where I bought a game and had to be watching nearly on a daily basis on the net to see whether a patch to correct faults was issued. After weeks or waiting I gave up. In the end I downloaded, nearly a year later, a mod from the community to play the game... but that should not be the case.

I was looking here for the threads regarding SH IV, as I was supposing the SH III experience could be repeated. Hoping the company had learnt from errors in the past, I had the intention to buy SH IV at discounted price after a year of the issuing date: to compensate for SHIII.

In the case of SHIII: it is allright if modders patch a game and make it usable, but it is the professionality of a software company to produce a software that at least offers the functionality it announces, without having to re- re-patch the product to get a stable version (bottom line: without need of end user beta testing).

I am starting to think that Ubisoft is not the company to invest in this kind of simulation, as seems not to be learning from errors in the past (which is bad for the image you are projecting and for future projects of this kind you want to start).

To end my message, let me add my voice to the other members of the forum and request that you complete the product they bought (and that I could probably buy if you do it). If you don't, well.... it is up to you. For me it would be a "Goodbye for Ubisoft and Sub Simulations". Think that the competence does not sleep and if someone sees what the market is demanding and what the offer is, you are going to loose if you don't correct your ways. Nothing to say about the second thoughts we all might get at buying a new game from a company that repeatedly sends to the shelves not completely functional games, which do not get fixed because the teams get disbanded to work in other projects.

My two cents.