View Single Post
Old 11-14-17, 04:15 PM   #117
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS View Post
Hi guys, I really do appreciate your work, but when it comes to lightning and colors it seems everyone doing a U-Boat sim is hopelessly spoiled by the (wrong) notion the movie "Das Boot" has spread among people. I have visited many submarines, including the infamous type VII and type XXI and many others. What they all have in common is the fact that they are NOT dark and grey inside, but white and bright due to the artificial light and bright paint job.
As much as I love the movie, it gives you a totally wrong idea of U-Boat interiour, since they had to build some parts larger than life to cramp in all the actors plus the camera and they painted everything in that greyish-dark color, which might be okay film.wise, but which is not realistic.

Cheers, AS
Hello! When choosing the colour scheme for the interior I did use Das boot as reference, mostly because it looks cool However, you are probably right about them beeing much brighter in reality. I thought the preserved museum boats were repainted after the war, but recently I've seen some old colour footage from uboats in use which do look brighter.
Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote