Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-04-17, 07:44 AM   #4866
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Regarding the difference between "Torpedo Attack EZ" and "Torpedo Attack Difficult" in the Fotrs Ultimate Sub School:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie
.......there's other "armed" distractions, the CA travels faster, and the CA crew is supposed to be Elite, but it looks like all I've got them at now is "Veteran"... You didn't get shot at CapnScurvy?... They shot at my scope the last time I did it..
No I wasn't shot at. I did have those Sampans move in front of me at the most critical time of firing.

===========

It's important to keep in mind that the subs will need to have their periscope height readjusted for the weather conditions topside. The preset Periscope Height is different on each sub class, only one figure is used per class. This makes things difficult to adjust when you have 4 different "sea states" (wind speeds) that the game uses. Calm is 0 wind speed, 5mph, 10mph, 15mph Gale force conditions. The subs are set to preform reasonably well with zero and 5mph conditions, but you'll need to readjust your periscope depth at 10 and 15mph wind speeds. Especially when you start factoring in the various conning tower versions. Some are taller than others, putting the fully extended scope at different levels as well. Just readjust your depth accordingly. Don't rely on one button push to put your sub into the best possible depth for all conditions.

Same is true of the Radar Depth. You may find your Radar will turn on/off by itself in adverse sea state conditions. Going to a shallower depth will stop this.

Don't forget to use your "Weather Report" capability to know what your Sea State is......Zero or 5mph you're fairly calm, probably can use the preset depths without issue.....10 to 15mph, plan on making adjustments.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote