View Single Post
Old 12-19-18, 12:20 PM   #13
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

2nd test done. This was far over two hours.

Resolution set to 2.7K at 60 frames, superwide view, Hypersmoothing on, external powerbank as power supply, no internal battery. The cover on the side that usually hides the connectors, was taken off completely to make it mountable in the cage, then the power cable was plugged in. The just formatted 64 GB Extreme Pro micro SD by Sandisk was read by the camera to provide 2:02 hours of storage after fresh formatting.

Actually it became 2 hours 18 minutes before the camera beeped to me and signalled by that that the card was full.

The cage again became warm, but on the left side (with just an empty, but closed battery slot) not as warm as before, the right side with the electronics maybe as warm as in the test before, or slightly less so. The metal ring around the protective lense cover again became much hotter. But then, maybe again not as hot as before, that is hard to say.

After 45 minutes I had placed a small ventilator in front of the camera, 2m away, at low setting, to simulate a mild breeze when driving in the open. The temperatures then dropped significantly. I stopped that after 20 minutes, and the remaming 1+ hours was done without "wind".

As long as during high summer with daily temps of 30°C the strong sun does not directly burn onto it, I do not expect temperature issues anymore, it seems they can be taken care of in mild climate at least like over here.

Passed!

Tomorrow I see for 2.7K at 120 frames, and Timelapse videos, which this little cutie also does better than other cams, making them too smooth and fully stabilised. I also will check quality and memory for 1080 res videos.