View Single Post
Old 05-05-18, 04:31 PM   #2
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

I purchased a camera to film kayaking and hiking adventures. Because of the price of a Go Pro I went with a Chinese knock-off SJCAM M20. SJCAM Cameras can use most of the GoProp accessories too like the GoPro dog harness, helmet or bicycle mount.

Unfortunately I just don't use mine enough for detailed battery life comparisons. You would have to experiment to find that fine line between recording quality vs battery life. I get about 40-50 minutes of recording time with out stabilization. When all settings were set at maximum and stabilized I barely managed to record 20 minutes. Stabilization is nice but the image isn't all that bad without it either. Playing around with time lapse feature can make for some interesting footage too very useful during those boring portions of the trail.

Anyway I am by no means a professional camera man. But I am impressed with SJCAM I think for the price it cant be beat. I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you want a High Definition High capacity SD card you need to make sure the camera can record to it.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-05-18 at 04:49 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote