View Single Post
Old 05-05-18, 04:04 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default How to shoot bicycle "cockpit" video and turning it into a VR headset movie?

I think about starting to film my bicycle tours, which lead me criss-cross across the wonderful and most beautiful, romantic Tecklenburger and Osnabrücker Land, with a digital camera like GoPro, then editiing the "cocpkpit view" movie and have it post-processed and cut and finally making it viewable in a VR headset, not in 3D, but either in cinema movie size or even 180 or 360 degree mode. Thinking about my parents in the main, but also making an archve for myself.

Its just an idea. I know nothing about this kind of stuff, what I need in hardware, what to watch otu for in hardware details, and then software, and in general: how to apprach this thing. Especially the rumbling of the pic I expect to get when attaching the lens device to the bike itself.

Any tips? Any clues for a website that deals right with this kind of project? Any recommended hardware and software, preferrably not Microsoft-made?

I would accept to do this project not under Linux, but Win10, I simply assume that Linux will make success more complicated due to limited options and compatability.

The ideal result would be to have a 120km tour, my average length, summarised in a video of 20-30 minutes, displaying the highlights - which means beautiful landscape and idyllic places - in a movie-screen sized picture for a VR headset, preferrably with so stable, non-shaking picture quality that the viewer does not start to vomit after some minutes. My average tour last 5-7 hours, the device must have sufficient memory.

I am completely new to this kind of stuff. Any input? Is there a camera with so good an image stabilizer that it can neutralise the shaking of a bicycle frame?