View Single Post
Old 06-14-17, 12:45 AM   #27
Kazuaki Shimazaki II
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Overall, I agree that I feel I have to focus on actual submarine tactics more in Cold Waters than in Dangerous Waters, where I feel most of the challenge is being able to just know how to work the stations. Dangerous Waters isn't the only way a submarine can be simulated.
I agree. The way they set things up motivates you to do submarinish things much more than Dangerous Waters. I now stay 30 feet off the bottom rather than 5 because I can't control the sub as precisely. In real life of course you have a planesman but he won't keep your sub 5 feet off the seafloor at flank either because of bottom suction (which is not simulated, not here, not in DW). In fact, you'll move much less aggressively (and thus much more like a real sub) simply because of that lack of precision from an automated helmsman.

So the game forces the correct "result" its own way. For that reason I'm strongly suspicious of the push for automated maneuver control. In essence you are asking for the game to be made easier then its concept meant it to be.
Kazuaki Shimazaki II is offline   Reply With Quote