View Single Post
Old 01-08-17, 03:07 AM   #163
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Nope, not saying investigate Russia. I say thoroughly investigate the hacking and the DNC, both. If the thorough investigation of the hacking leads to Russia, then so be it; if it doesn't, then we will find out who did the illegally hacking and deal with who ever it was; either way, at least we will have an answer. Really, I don't understand Trump, the GOP supporters of Trump, and Russia's objection to even a reasonably in-depth investigation. If the investigation is done and it is proven there was no Russian involvement, then Trump and Russia can play the "I told you so!" card and do their own little "superior dance" (Church Lady reference), basking in their triumph, while watching those who called for the investigation in the first place slip into an obscurity of public embarrassment and humiliation. Trump, the GOP, and Russia could only stand to gain if the investigation turns up nothing...

However, there is the old saw about they who "doth protest too much, methinks": Why, given all they could really gain from an investigatory acquittal, do they so strenuously object? It is elementary crime detection to very much suspect the motives of a suspect who does not want an investigation into their activities. Trump, the GOP, and Russia should be confident and say "Bring it on!!" and then sit back and wait for acquittal, and live high on an easy victory; but, they aren't doing anything close; instead, they behave like crooks who don't want the inspector to execute the search warrant. They rail and rant against the idea of an investigation and seem almost extremely furtive in their actions, you know, like a guilty person. What are they so desperate to hide?...

You can take the above and substitute "DNC" for "Trump, GOP, and Russia"; it is really all the same: they should both be investigated, there should be an accounting of facts, and based on the findings, whatever action, legally or administratively, is deemed necessary, should be taken. I there is nothing hiding in the darkness, then there no need to fear turning on the lights...

<O>