Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos
Quote:
And here's the finnish lyrics:

Tummat vanhan miehen silmät tuijottaa.
Jylhää metsämaisemaa, pellonreunaan sade rummuttaa.
Uutta luoden kasvattaa, lyhyin askelin kotiin köpöttää.
Vanha veteraani tää, elon ilta pian hämäräksi vaihtuu.
Nyt jo tunnen ikävää.(mutta)

Suomi on tänään sun.
Kyrön joki sulle laulun saman toistaa.
Muistojas ei kukaan viedä voi.
Suomi on tänään suuun, wooo, wooo, aina sun.

On komppaniastaan jäljellä enää kaksi.
Kaverit viereltään kadoten, käy rivit harvat
vielä harvemmaksi.
Mutta tiedät totuuden.

Suomi on tänään sun.

Kirkon kellot laulaa taivaankantta värjään.
Mä tunnen odottavan sen, kun jälkipolvet
kantaa, maan poveen saattaa.
Veteraanin viimeisen.

Suomi on tänään sun.

(this song is dedicated to veterans of finland)
aye an this is easy for you to say
Just trust me, it's very touching when you think the situation our soldiers had to face. There's a saying in Finland "Yksi Suomalainen vastaan kymmentä ryssää." which means roughly: One Finn against ten russkies." And that was the case in both the wars, actually, IIRC, it was 1:11 or 1:12.

Gah, here I go again, when I get drunk, I start to blabber about how much I owe to the veterans. But hey, that's true! Even if I'm sober, I love my country more than anything and would be more than willing to give my live for it or an veteran who fought to defend it.

And for the omphteenth time, I present you with a part of the Finlandia Hymn, this time, sung by another punk-rock band member, Sakari Kuosmanen from the band Sleepy Sleepers. Almost gets me to tears everytime, just beautifull. Maybe not for you guys, but dang, we've had so much to fight to get our freedom. I'd be writing with an Russian accent without the soldiers back then.

O, Finland, behold, your day is dawning,The threat of night has been banished away,And the lark of morning in the brightness sings,As though the very firmament would sing.The powers of the night are vanquished by the morning light,Your day is dawning, O land of birth. O, rise, Finland, rise up highYour head, wreathed with great memories.O, rise, Finland, you showed to the worldThat you drove away the slavery,And that you did not bend under oppression,Your day is dawning, O land of birth.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote