View Single Post
Old 12-13-14, 07:15 AM   #25
Dread Knot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 84
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraug View Post
1) RSRD/TMOwTw are MODs I'm contemplating (after my current career ends that is) and they are big realisticism-boosters, as far as I understand. Since I'm still a noob: can I still run auto-TDC with them, or are they manual only?

2) Also: I am currently in September 1943 (still running 1.5 on plain vanilla) and a small REFIT supply base has opened for the US somewhere in the Halmahera or Bacan or somewhere. What's going on there? The New-Guinea campaign isn't even through, our guys are probably just attacking Lae, so how would we have a base in the Maluk Islands?

3) 1943 seems to be rather boring as far as fleet actions are concerned. I'm still doing well in killing merchant tonnage, but where would I find a couple of warships to sink, for a change? Any good ideas?
1. You can use auto-targeting in RSRD or TMO. You just need to check the appropriate boxes in the realism settings when you start a new career.

2. Yeah. Vanilla SH4 is riddled with all manner of historical and mechanical errors and oversights. That's why all the super-mods got built.

3. Most of the naval action in 1943 was confined to the upper Solomon Islands. The Battles of Kula Gulf, Vella Lavella, Empress Augusta Bay, Cape St. George. You might catch some there. However, I doubt Vanilla SH4 recreates most of these historically obscure engagements.

Bagging capital ships is largely the luck of being in the right place at the right time. If they have any sort of lead on you they are almost impossible to catch up to. It's even tougher in the RSRD and TMO mods as they try to pare ship movements down to historical traffic and numbers.
Dread Knot is offline   Reply With Quote