View Single Post
Old 01-13-10, 11:27 AM   #279
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Hello Karamzovnew,

thanks for your explanations, hope your PC is working again. But ...
i still am not able to hit anything

I think i get the distance right, identify ship, take height, set this "height" to the upper wedge (in 6x) by turning the middle dial, look for ship height at the outer ring and read the distance from the corresponding outer scale of the inner ring.
But then all goes wrong: I take the length of the ship, and move the middle dial in a way that the outer scale of the middle dial (distance) corresponds with the numbers of the outer dial (real length of ship).

Two questions : When do i have to double or even quadruple the numbers
vertically and horizontally ? Vertical seems to be the same with or without AOBF switched on and regardless of magnification, but i never get the horizontal rest right.
Let's say i am at 6x magnifying, the distance of the middle dial is set to the length of the ship on the outer dial. Regardless whether i doubled the marks or not at the horizontal line of the periscope, the AOB is NEVER right. it should be at some 60 to 80 degrees visually, but what it reads is 15 degrees, or 30 ?!
It does not help that the waves wash over the periscope all the time (or better 90 percent of the time), in hundred percent of the missions there is alway storm in a way that it is difficult to see anything, and when i pause the sim this dreaded "paused" appears exactly where i wanted to read out the length, before the next wave blocks the view altogether again for the next 90 percent of the time.
Seems to really try this out for the training, i need at least mirror-like seas
Greetings,
Catfish
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote