View Single Post
Old 08-06-08, 06:51 PM   #11
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED
What you complaining about? Bloody heck the answer is simple, get some frosty beers out the fridge send the wife packing some where put your feet up and start watching them, problem solved.
Too busy to watch them. While talking occasionally right here, I have done the impossible - I have created a Dire Straits Brothers in Arms compression in 96 khz 24 bit sample rate. I have very high resolution audio in this house, but getting it into an alternate format has been a crazy task. I finially have it!!! Woo Hoo!!

I used a near lossless ogg (specifically programed as a gap filler between FLAC and normal OGG) for the compression. That one song started out life as an MLP in the 700 MB range (Yes, you are reading that right - 1 track off a CD would fill up an 'entire' CD.). I now have compressed it to 16 MB with near perfect reproduction. I will have to put this on my mains downstairs. They are massive speakers (About 150+ lbs each) that reproduce quality in amazing detail. Only then will I truely hear the flaws.

-S