View Single Post
Old 08-04-17, 12:10 PM   #474
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Yes, but the damage effect will never simulate the falling debris as well as detachable parts thrown in the air (not necessarily far) after a direct hit.Moreover, when the fake debris will fall into water, there won't be any splash effect, whereas with detachable parts. And also it's not possible to control the direction of the debris which won't move in the same direction as the ennemy's fire.

All this will make debris effect very unrealistic.
Debris particles shouldn't follow the same direction as the impacting projectile but they should radiate (not necessarily far) from the impact area in random directions

Obtaining a realistic effect should be a matter of playing with initial/overlife X, Y and Z speeds and with particle mass parameters. decrease X/Z speeds and mass and particles shouldn't move too far away from the impact area before they start falling down; decrease the Y speed and/or increase the mass, and particles shouldn't jump too high in the air before they invert their vertical speed and they start falling down.

As for water splashes, I am pretty sure that debris featured in the SH5 version of FX-Updates have them, and they cause damage to nearby vessels too if they hit them lol. I think they have a StaticObject controller attached, but I will have a look into them to see how this particular effect was obtained
gap is offline   Reply With Quote