View Single Post
Old 03-29-18, 11:59 AM   #109
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I am not 100% sure but now that you make me to think about it, I might know what causes the problem and, if I am correct, the same issue might apply to SH5 too.

I am going by memory here: there is a series of parameters applying to each unit in campaign (i.e. camoufflage, equipment and sensors) whose value can be set to "early", "mid" and "late" within Mission Editor. In practice, these parameters overseed start/end dates in units' .cfg, .eqp and .sns files and they make the game to look for the 1st, 2nd or 3rd item in the sequence of upgrades applying to the same node/unit, regardless of date settings of that item. If I rememeber correctly, "early", "mid" and "late" visible in ME, translate to values of 0, 1 and 2 in the campaign/mission files, as we see them in notepad.

I have no proof of what I am going to say, but I think that for making date settings to be applied as supposed, those numbers must be set to -1. This is something that must be done manually, as ME doesn't allow this kind of setting.

I am not shure of what bug from the MissionEditor ME you guys talking. Also i cannot find an equivalent of "early", "mid" and "late" in ME. But all "Big Modes" and even unmodified SH3 have Quirks (i wil not call them Errors) in the Campaigne_RND.mis as an failure of the ME, or maybe by intention.

In the past i was not able to see red rwr-lines (even if i doubled them) from an rwr-group on the NavigationMap with zoom 25 or greater, when only one ship in the group has a wrong CfgDate. Above i called this also intention, never will i forget these horrible moments came out of TC and WO tells something like "We are under attack, Sir", and a Destroyer around 1km behind me.

So for my own installation i have created a Tool wich is able to copy all GameEntryDate= to CfgDate= (in .RndUnit only) and these shocking moments are gone.

If this is not the Bug you guys talking about, please talk a bit more.

Greetings.

[Edit]
Have found old threads.
and 2 links in post 7 about "Cfg-Bug".
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show....php?p=2084630
Thanks.

Last edited by Hebe Vollmaus; 03-29-18 at 01:48 PM.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote