View Single Post
Old 11-19-16, 02:51 AM   #580
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't some the features already included in EUF1.4, like:

- Add placeholder textures for Type-VIIC Paint Scheme's (Skins) by Nozaurio
- - Added Hinged Snorkel for 7A, 7B, 7C, 7C41
- Added Conning Tower Eagle 3D Model as optional FuMO-29 Antenna.
- Added Information and Notes for FUMO-** Radar to UPCLocalization.tsr
made new Placeholders images that are text that explain you must add the skin from optional download MOD to actually realize the visual change but that any Bonuses that a skin was suppose to have would be applied but the default Paint scheme will be loaded.
The place holder images will be replaced when/if you add the SubCamoSchemes MOD Option.
When my computed crashed a few years ago I lost everything I was working on. I would also like to point out that there are 2 or 3 EUF1.4 Patch downloads missing from SubSim Downloads. If I remember correctly there were five(5) or six(6) pieces to EUF1.4 but now there is only two(2).
That along with the UPlay re-writing lines in Equipment.upc problem, I decided to start almost totally from scratch.
I had a PM thread going with Neal about this and why almost all of my MODs were deleted from SubSim leaving some MODs in a almost unusable broken state like EUF1.4 for example.
I re-uploaded a few MODs that were still on my laptop but everything else that was on my desktop was lost.
Quote:
Also, does your upcge/upc files contain any of R.S.D. necessary entries because these two highly complex mods (EUF and RSD) use almost the same files and merging them correctly may be very time consuming and difficult.
Yeah, tell me about time consuming projects. LOL
The Submarine .upcge files only require the change for the Hinged Snorkel so add one(1) string to DeckGun AcceptedTypes and done with that. You already have that change in TWOS.
I do have some entries in the Equipment.upc that were in TWOS but I do not remember how to edit Menu's to realize/see those changes on the Status/Damage screens, so there is a lack of motivation to bring those changes in. Yes, I am running mainly stock game for now while developing EUF2.0.
Quote:
Back in the days when I was working on my R.S.D., I developed it on top of EUF 1.4 upcge/upc files taking extra care not to interfere with any of EUF changes.
I made it but it was really hard and time consuming work.
Just don't tell me that EUF 2.0 will be based on stock SH5 files again ?
Can we expect some kind of EUF2.0 RSD/TWoS compatible version because I feel somewhat sick when I remember those countless hours of staring in those sea of code called upcge/opc files?
A couple months ago I tried talking to you about some imported models being incomplete or wrong causing CTD's. I even provided information that could have helped to shine a light on where one of the issue's was. You blew me off talking about heavily MOD's game as excuse, basically saying you didn't want to communicate with me. Right after out PM exchange, You even insulted me in the forums saying all I care about is "Eye Candy". If the MODs are done correctly these MODs should be transparent to game performance and that was the point I was driving toward. When you add issue upon issue it snowballs and some times these combined issues surface as a CTD...
BTW, the entire "GAME" is eye candy / Brain food...
So to be honest, at this time I really don't care about your MOD(s). Also, at this time, I really don't care if you want to use EUF2 or not either.

But at the same time, if you have something you want added to EUF2, I am listening. But I am not going to make your MOD for you.
Quote:
Very nice! But what do you mean by "structure"?
Uboat7<blah>_structure_camo_c.dds is the Paint Coating texture on the Sub between Deck and Hull(Ballast Tanks) for the Dark Blotches Paint Scheme.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote