View Single Post
Old 05-23-12, 03:00 PM   #78
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
The tech crash had nothing to do with Google, so your rebuttal isn't much of a rebuttal. Google's a sound company with sound fundamentals and valuations. It came to market at $85 back in 04. It's now trading at over $600 a share, and at an 18 P/E. There's no comparison to the tech bubble where P/E's of over 100 for unproven companies were the norm. And my one word counter rebuttal to your non-rebuttal: Apple. $566 a share and that's at a PE of 13.81. To say all tech stocks are worthless because once upon a time people made stupid bets on things like pets.com is pretty narrow minded.

GOOG and AAPL are also the type of company that people so conveniently forget about when they wistfully get all teary eyed and say the U.S. doesn't make anything anymore. I'll take intellectual innovation over manual labor any day.
I have said in every post that this smells of a .com crash. I did not say Google had anything to do with the crash. It was not a rebuttal. How strong Google is does not persuade me to invest. Facebook is another .com to me. Google is another .com to me and can take dump much like the .com bust of 2002. Google ticks because Google has become a noun and a verb in the English Language. The commercials for Bing and saying Bing when something is found using Bing just did not catch on.

Apple...offers products. Ipod, Iphone. What at Apple USA is made other than a program to go on devices made outside the US? The Ipods etc are made overseas. Sweatshops. http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...172800495.html But Apple says that's bunk and we all take it hook, line and sinker. Apple is not a .com company. What does Apple make in the USA?

Did I state anywhere that all tech stocks are worthless? Differing opinion does not correlate to narrow mindedness.