View Single Post
Old 02-16-19, 08:53 PM   #11
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're copying the \Webster's Upgraded Deck Gun for v1.5 folder into the \Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\MODS\ folder, then changing the read/write permission in THAT folder?

FYI, the way JGMSE works is;
1. Read the files in the mod folder.
2. Make a backup copy of all the files in the \Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\ folder that will be overwritten by the files in the mod that's being activated.
3. Copy the mod files into the game folder, overwriting the original files with the new ones.

When you deactivate a mod, it merely copies the backup into the game folder, overwriting the current files with the copies of the original files, restoring the default.

So if there's an actual problem with read/write privilege, you need to disable read-only from the folders JGMSE is copying the mod INTO, not the folder it's copying the mod OUT OF.

I suspect your actual problem is understanding what it does and what's needed - the description says it changes the load time from 4 seconds to 2 seconds, and the fastest load speed is dependent on having the crewmen in the slots for that gun, and the crew has a reasonably high gunnery skill.

A quick check, browse to your \Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Library folder, set the folder to View, Details, Choose Details, check the box for "Date Modified" on. If the JGSME transfer is working, some of the file dates should change when you activate/deactivate that type of mod (most of the weapons data is in the \Library folder or one of the subfolders in that, check the mod folder itself to find the actual path and filename if it isn't obvious).

Another option is to download Silent 3ditor;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4489

and make your own mod, setting the reload time in the (for example) Deck_Gun_5_25.sim from 2.0 seconds to 0.1 second or whatever feels crazy.

What I do is copy the original file to a backup, then mod the file in the game folder so I can leave the S3d utility open while testing the settings in the game. When it looks good, I copy the changed file to a mod folder, and the original from the backup to restore the default.

Always make backups before modding anything, I've been playing with computers for 40 years so I hardly ever use JGSME myself - I'm so used to making backups and moving files around manually I generally do it that way without thinking about it.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote