View Single Post
Old 03-11-16, 07:02 AM   #301
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-i-c- View Post

When you take the models of Simon alias NZSnowman (who is well known in the U-Boat community for his extremely detailed works and the necessary high amount of research) and simply reduce the polycount, shouldn't you at least show the minimum respect by giving credit to him?

Do you have any evidence to substantiate your claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
I looked at NZSnowman's FUMB-26 3D model, and it has whole sections that Wise's one doesn't have. They're quite clearly different.

Where are the wires on the bottom on Wise's model? They aren't there, as the two models are different.

The similarities between them are obviously a result of the two models being of the same thing.
On first reading I would tend to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
Personally for V_I_C
V_I_C You are mistaken. I am not engaged in a piracy and assignment of another's works. Yes I saw a theme where the author spread screenshots and links on model. The only thing that at us with NZSnowman identical, is a small horn framework. This decision was easier for modelling and in game polygonal loading less.
I made all models in Inventor10 and AutoCad2007. From zero. Only drawings and photos of real devices have been used.
Here a screen from the program inventor10. Will pay the attention to the stack of parts. In it there are no import pieces of models.

The matter would appear to be settled as far as I am concerned but I could well be wrong. Lack of any further evidence only leads me to remind ALL modders that it is the expectation of the forum owner and the greater community at large that SubSims 'recommended modding etiquette' be adhered to.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=115983

Fair winds and following seas.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote