Thread: Out of Africa?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-18, 03:44 PM   #13
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Out of Africa was something that I was hit in the head since 2000. At least with the Piltdown Man, it was simple. It was him and period, because, shut up!

Our Genus - Homo, is now dated to 2 million years BC. 60.000 years is our kind Homo Sapiens, as Steve refered and even that can be debatable with Homo Sapiens Sapiens or Homo Sapiens Arcaicus - that I think it is not use any more.

The appearance of our species had or has the Out of Africa theory or the "multispot" theory - the modern man appears in several places, not only in Africa, but middle east and near Orient, I think. I am talking about memory and from classes almost 10 years ago, I had to have human evolution again in my master degree.
Human Evolution study is tricky, my idea is that many of the investigators want their name writing in history in finding the so call missing link, even if that will be impossible.

I remember listening to my teacher that it is possible the finest in the area here in Portugal and she told in one conference of the matter why no one talked about the Tomai mandible that had been discovered that year (I think). The answer was simple, the Leakey family didn't acknowledge that find and since they were the hosts of the conference, no one would dare to talk about it, during the expositions of ideas.

And many times, new taxa are created because the enamel of the teeth is more tick than the other one that is species X, so this has to be a new one and so on.

So thats why I prefer to study modern (homo sapiens sapiens) skeletons, at least it is only one specie and everything is equal to the other, in a broad sense...
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote