View Single Post
Old 04-06-08, 03:21 PM   #18
moscowexile
Navy Dude

Downloads: 206
Uploads: 0

I have installed the sound mod and it works a treat. Being the Captain Bligh of the Kriegsmarine, I followed the instructions so as not to delete the "Jawohl Kaleun" because on my boat I demand RESPECT with a capital"R". Furthermore, I believe that deleting the acknowledgement of an order received somewhat diminishes the "immersion factor".

Not wishing to appear to be throwing a spanner into the works, I do however have one small criticism, although this criticism in no way has anything to do with this admirable sound mod: the sound of the supercharged diesels firing up is music to the ears, but is there any way of modifying the diesel exhaust gas so that it belches forth and billows around the stern of the boat as the engines fire, as I am sure would have happened in real life?

I do recall that there is a tweak file or whatever in the exhaust mod that enables one to show oily exhausts caused by misfires and engine wear etc., but I am an absolute novice in these matters and fear dabbling with things I know little of.

Any ideas?

(The lust for destruction is at the same time a creative lust.- Mikhail Bukhanin.)
moscowexile is offline   Reply With Quote