Old 11-07-18, 07:18 PM   #485
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
Eve is no joke! Congrats!

I just get hung up doing all the other little missions and stuff around kerbin, so I've been playing the same save for almost a year now, and still on 1.3.1.

Thanks!

I've made it to Mun, and the other one... I just forgot the name.... MINMUS!
And I'm forgeting the other one... Duna. and Ike.
Moho also....
Landed on all of them, Mun and Minmus multiple times.

Eve was the most recent, didn't orbit Gilly, or land there... I didn't want to have to do an orbital docking maneuver....
Although, in hindsight, I could do like I did (before I had a game crash) and space walk between the two to get back...
I did manage to actually dock the 2nd time I tried (in orbit around Kerbin). 1.5.X appearently 1.25m docking ports no longer dock with the 2.5m port.... but I need to confirm that.

I usually bring multiple (at least 2, preferably 4) relay satelites on the transfer stage and then drop them in orbit so the signal strength stays >90%.

I'm playing 1.5.x, I have multiple backups of various 1.3.x, and I think a 1.4.x.
But I didn't copy them back over from the backup drive, so all I have right now is the install in the Steam folder.

Now that I have Relay Satelites setup, I think I may send some Probe Core controlled orbital fuel stations to Duna and Eve.
Maybe prep for some mining/long term surface exploring.

But then again... it is Kerbal SPACE Program, not Kerbal SURFACE Program...

Decisions, decisions.

Barracuda

Last edited by BarracudaUAK; 12-25-18 at 02:59 PM.
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote