View Single Post
Old 11-07-18, 12:17 AM   #484
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaUAK View Post
I made it to Eve, actually started the deorbit burn with the transfer stage.

So after I needed to deploy my parachutes, I seperated the transfer stage, and it splashed down.

Yes, part 2 of the contract complete...

But then I landed in the water. So I started to lauch up to see if I could "hop" over land.

Didn't go exactly as planned, but I was able to get into orbit.
I wan't sure how much fuel it would take to get back...

I made it to kerbin with enough fuel to have made the "Hop" to land.
NOW, I get to go back and "land", and do the other contract that I didn't do.
Plus, I've got a 3rd one now.

Hopefully, I can get all of it done this time!

Barracuda
Eve is no joke! Congrats!

My first official mission is on it's way, but I've tested all the systems in sandbox. Long term rover/base to do some exploring, and a launcher to get me back. 6 kerbals all said. Also gets difficult when add in Life Support to the mix.

Kerbal between the wheels for scale. The lander is too heavy to land fueled, so the rover has to refuel it from mining. The Lander and Rover are sent up unmanned, and the lander lands unmanned. The Rover is met in orbit by the mothership, and the crew transfers there, and lands. There's minimal LS on the lander, enough for a month or so, just enough to get back up to the mothership. Which, after transferring the crew, will move onto Moho and do some landings there with the other 7 kerbals on board, and then come back for the base crew on Eve.

I just get hung up doing all the other little missions and stuff around kerbin, so I've been playing the same save for almost a year now, and still on 1.3.1.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote