View Single Post
Old 09-09-08, 09:27 AM   #15
JMV
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 0
Default Trigonometry Formulas

Hello Pisces,

Thank you for helping. There is an old saying : "when the student is ready, the master appears " in french, if you can understand, " Quand l'eleve est pret, le Maitre apparait " Ok, obviously the time is not there yet for me.... You showed up but it doesn' seem I'm ready...But let's leave it there with phylosophy and mysticism.
I have a Casio fx-83ES. The problem is not with using the Calculator, and after all I've got the manuals, so this is another topic ( How to use your calc machine ) this is not the real issue.
The real issue for me is to get all "navigation" ( only ) trig formulas applied for Sh3. With down to earth concrete examples.
What I probably miss, if I have a formula under my eyes, is a down to earth example for such things as SPEED, DISTANCE, AOB calculation. Basically I can't choose what formula applies to what situation.
For example you write :
side A/sin(angle opposite side A)=side B/sin(angle opposite side B)=side C/sin(angle opposite side C). I mean, what gives ? To what particular situation does it apply?
And what does it apply to ? Are we searching for an angle or for the length of one of the sides ??
So from what I understand :
If you look for the length of the adjacent side of a triangle, knowing the value of the angle which has this side as adjacent, and knowing the length af the opposite side of that angle, you can know the length of the other side, with :
Tan (A) = Length of opp. side
--------------------
Length of adj. side
If you look for the value of an angle, having the length of the opposite side of that angle, and the adjacent angle,
Sin (A) = Length of opp. side applies
-------------------
Length of hypotenuse
Now, Cos (A) = Length of adj. side What do you get ? the length of one of
------------------- the other sides or the value of an
Length of hypotenuse angle, and if yes, which one ?

You can see now that I'm very thick on those trig things, but I suppose, from what I've seen, that I'm not the only one... And I'm not the only one that would like to get very basic applied trig solutions for SAH3, whithout daring ask or look too stupid. So I making the sacrifice.Or may be I sould take some private trig 50 Euro/hour courses...

Thanks for any help, and to you Pisces, please be patient and methodical to me
poor numb on that subject. Don't ever surrender trying. Thanks to you all .
Thanks for your help, if you have the patience.
- JMV
JMV is offline   Reply With Quote