View Single Post
Old 07-15-11, 04:45 AM   #773
igorlikespike
Helmsman

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 1

Hello!

After some time and trough extensive reading of the posts by other forum members I am pretty sure that I solved the CTD problem using MFM Beta mod. The breaktrough came when Bakkels suggested manually pasting different merchants into special folder that one can enable in the game via JGSME, and then chekc how many ships PC can handle. After extensive trial and error period I found the main reason for CTDs in my case. It was American ship skins. Now I only copy/paste British ships (I.e T01B, M01B) into "MFM-short" mod folder, and then simply copy the ship skin files in the original MFM Beta Roster folder into Roster (both american and British) folder in "MFM short". It works for American side too, with no problems. Do not forget to copy the ships names in important txt file. OK, so I do not have American skins, but I am after different ship types, that enhance GWX 3.0 even more. Slight drawback is the longer loading time, but be patient.

Please, I do not take any credit for any of the mods above mentioned, I am just posting this to those who had problems using MFM Beta mod, and may find this experience useful.Thank you Bakkels for the initial idea.

Good hunting!
igorlikespike is offline   Reply With Quote